|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 18A, EDUCATION
Chapter 40: Employment of medical inspectors, optometrists and nurses; salaries; terms; rules
Section: 18A:40-41.9: Development of educational fact sheet providing information relative to sports-related eye injuries.
2. a. The Commissioner of Education shall develop within 120 days of the effective date of this act, an educational fact sheet that provides information about sports-related eye injuries. The educational fact sheet shall include, but need not be limited to:
(1) a list of the most common sports-related eye injuries and the recognition of the symptoms of those injuries;
(2) a recommendation that children seek treatment and advice from a licensed health care professional regarding the appropriate amount of time to delay the return to sports competition or practice after sustaining an eye injury;
(3) a recommendation that all children participating in school sports or recreational sports wear protective eyewear;
(4) information concerning the purchase of appropriate protective eyewear; and
(5) any other information the commissioner deems appropriate.
b. Each school district and nonpublic school shall distribute the educational fact sheet annually to the parents or guardians of the students.
L.2013, c.183, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2014-01-28 12:49:00.
Older versions of 18A:40-41.9 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.