|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-27.13: License requirements.
4. a. The board shall issue a license as a physician assistant to an applicant who has fulfilled the following requirements:
(1) Is at least 18 years of age;
(2) Is of good moral character;
(3) Has successfully completed an accredited program; and
(4) Has passed the national certifying examination administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, or its successor.
b. In addition to the requirements of subsection a. of this section, an applicant for renewal of a license as a physician assistant shall:
(1) Execute and submit a sworn statement made on a form provided by the board that neither the license for which renewal is sought nor any similar license or other authority issued by another jurisdiction has been revoked or suspended; and
(2) Present satisfactory evidence that any continuing education requirements have been completed as required by P.L.1991, c.378 (C.45:9-27.10 et seq.).
c. The board, in consultation with the committee, may accept, in lieu of the requirements of subsection a. of this section, proof that an applicant for licensure holds a current license in a state which has standards substantially equivalent to those of this State.
d. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2015, c.224)
e. A physician assistant who notifies the board in writing on forms prescribed by the board may elect to place the physician assistant's license on inactive status. A physician assistant with an inactive license shall not be subject to the payment of renewal fees and shall not practice as a physician assistant. A licensee who engages in practice while the physician assistant's license is lapsed or on inactive status shall be deemed to have engaged in professional misconduct in violation of subsection e. of section 8 of P.L.1978, c.73 (C.45:1-21) and shall be subject to disciplinary action by the committee pursuant to P.L.1978, c.73 (C.45:1-14 et seq.). A physician assistant requesting restoration from an inactive status shall be required to pay the current renewal fee and shall be required to meet the criteria for renewal as specified by the board.
L.1991, c.378, s.4; amended 1992, c.102, s.2; 1993, c.337, s.1; 2015, c.224, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2016-02-03 09:12:56.
Older versions of 45:9-27.13 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.