|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-27.15: Practice of physician assistant.
6. a. A physician assistant may practice in all medical care settings, including, but not limited to, a physician's office, a health care facility, an institution, a veterans' home, or a private home, provided that:
(1) the physician assistant performs medical services within the physician assistant's education, training, and experience under the supervision of a physician pursuant to section 9 of P.L.1991, c.378 (C.45:9-27.18);
(2) the practice of the physician assistant is limited to those procedures enumerated under section 7 of P.L.1991, c.378 (C.45:9-27.16), and any other procedures that are delegated to the physician assistant by the supervising physician, as authorized under subsection d. of section 7 of P.L.1991, c.378 (C.45:9-27.16);
(3) (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2015, c.224)
(4) the supervising physician or physician assistant advises the patient at the time that services are rendered that they are to be performed by the physician assistant;
(5) the physician assistant conspicuously wears an identification tag using the term "physician assistant" or the designation, "PA-C" or "PA" whenever acting in that capacity; and
(6) any entry by a physician assistant in a clinical record is appropriately signed and followed by the designation, "PA-C" or "PA."
b. Any physician assistant who practices in violation of any of the conditions specified in subsection a. of this section shall be deemed to have engaged in professional misconduct in violation of subsection e. of section 8 of P.L.1978, c.73 (C.45:1-21).
L.1991, c.378, s.6; amended 1992, c.102, s.4; 2015, c.224, s.3.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2016-02-03 09:13:05.
Older versions of 45:9-27.15 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.