|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-27.25: Continuing professional education
16. a. The board, or the committee if so delegated by the board, shall:
(1) approve only such continuing professional education programs as are available to all physician assistants in this State on a reasonable nondiscriminatory basis. Programs may be held within or without this State, but shall be held so as to enable physician assistants in all areas of the State to attend;
(2) establish standards for continuing professional education programs, including the specific subject matter and content of courses of study and the selection of instructors;
(3) accredit educational programs offering credits towards the continuing professional education requirements; and
(4) establish the number of credits of continuing professional education required of each applicant for license renewal. Each credit shall represent or be equivalent to one hour of actual course attendance, or in the case of those electing an alternative method of satisfying the requirements of this act, shall be approved by the board and certified pursuant to procedures established for that purpose.
b. The board may, at its discretion:
(1) waive the requirements of paragraph (2) of subsection b. of section 4 of this act for due cause; and
(2) accredit courses with non-hourly attendance, including home study courses, with appropriate procedures for the issuance of credit upon satisfactory proof of the completion of such courses.
c. If any applicant for renewal of registration completes a number of credit hours in excess of the number established pursuant to paragraph (4) of subsection a. of this section, the excess credit may, at the discretion of the board, be applicable to the continuing education requirement for the following biennial renewal period but shall not be applicable thereafter.
L.1991,c.378,s.16; amended 1992,c.102,s.11.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:54.
Older versions of 45:9-27.25 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.