|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-37.118: Minimum requirements for licensure as genetic counselor; application, fee; examination.
8. a. The board, in consultation with the committee, shall require at a minimum the following to qualify an applicant for licensure as a genetic counselor:
(1) be at least 21 years of age;
(2) be of good moral character;
(3) possession of a master's degree or higher degree in genetic counseling, or its equivalent as approved by the board in consultation with the committee by regulation, from an accredited institution of higher education; and
(4) the satisfaction of experience proficiencies required by the committee, which shall be at least equivalent to the standards of the American Board of Genetic Counseling, or its successor.
b. Each applicant shall submit an application for licensure, with an application fee, as prescribed by regulation.
c. Each applicant shall submit any additional information with the application for licensure, and include appropriate proofs, as required by regulation.
d. Each applicant shall have successfully completed an examination for licensure, the time, place, and contents of which shall be determined by the board, in consultation with the committee, by regulation. The board may prepare and administer the examination or provide for its preparation and administration through an approved organization.
e. If the applicant is licensed under the laws of another state, territory or jurisdiction of the United States which, in the opinion of the board, in consultation with the committee, imposes substantially the same licensing requirements as this act, the board may issue the applicant a license in accordance with the provisions of this act.
L.2009, c.41, s.8.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:54.
Older versions of 45:9-37.118 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.