|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-37.86: Continuing professional education, programs, standards.
11. a. The board or committee, if so delegated by the board, shall:
(1) approve only such continuing professional education programs as are available to all electrologists and electrology instructors in this State on a reasonable nondiscriminatory basis. Programs may be held within or without this State, but shall be held so as to allow electrologists and electrology instructors in all areas of the State to attend;
(2) establish standards for continuing professional education programs, including the specific subject matter and contents of courses of study and the selection of instructors;
(3) accredit education programs offering credits toward the continuing education requirements; and
(4) establish the number of credits of continuing professional education required by each applicant for license renewal. Each credit shall represent or be equivalent to one hour of actual course attendance.
b. Prior to license renewal, each licensee shall submit to the board proof of completion of the required number of hours of continuing education.
c. If any applicant for renewal of registration completes a number of credit hours in excess of the number established pursuant to paragraph 4 of subsection a. of this section, the excess credits may, at the discretion of the board, in consultation with the committee, be applicable to the continuing education requirement for the following biennial renewal period, but not thereafter.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:54.
Older versions of 45:9-37.86 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.