|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 45, PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
Chapter 9: State Board of Medical Examiners; advisory committee.
Section: 45:9-41.29: Duties of board relative to continuing education.
6. a. The board:
(1) Shall establish standards for continuing chiropractic and chiropractic assistant education, including, but not limited to, the subject matter and content of courses of study that are taught by chiropractic schools, colleges, institutions and universities or tested on for licensure;
(2) May accredit educational programs offering credit towards the continuing chiropractic and chiropractic assistant education requirements;
(3) May accredit other educational programs, including, but not limited to educational programs offered by professional organizations or societies, health care professions, schools, colleges, institutions, universities or healthcare facilities;
(4) May allow satisfactory completion of continuing chiropractic and chiropractic assistant education requirements through equivalent education programs such as examinations, papers, publications, scientific presentations, teaching and research appointments, scientific exhibits and independent study or Internet courses such as distance learning, including, but not limited to, video and audio tapes or Internet education programs; and
(5) Shall establish procedures for the issuance of credit upon satisfactory proof of the completion of these programs.
b. Each 50 minutes of instruction in a board approved education course or program shall be equivalent to one credit.
L.2009, c.322, s.6; amended 2015, c.283, s.3.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2016-02-18 15:34:38.
Older versions of 45:9-41.29 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.