|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 5, AMUSEMENTS, PUBLIC EXHIBITIONS AND MEETINGS
Section: 5:12-153: Casino Reinvestment Development Authority.
5. a. There is established in, but not of, the Department of the Treasury a Casino Reinvestment Development Authority to consist of the following members:
(1) Six members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate for terms of four years, except that of the initial members to be appointed pursuant to this 1991 amendatory act, P.L.1991, c.219, one shall be appointed for a term of two years and one for a term of four years;
(2) Two members appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the President of the Senate for a term of four years;
(3) Two members appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the Speaker of the General Assembly for a term of four years;
(4) A member of the Casino Control Commission, who shall be appointed by the Governor and shall be a voting member of the authority;
(5) The mayor of Atlantic City, ex officio and voting;
(6) The Attorney General and the State Treasurer, ex officio and voting;
(7) Two casino industry representatives, both of whom shall be voting members, appointed by the Governor for terms of two years, except that of the initial appointees, one shall serve for a term of one year and one for a term of two years. No person shall be reappointed to succeed himself as a casino industry representative member, and no person appointed shall be an employee, officer or agent of the same casino licensee as the person whom he succeeds as a casino industry representative member; and
(8) One member appointed by the Governor to serve ex officio as a voting member, who shall be either the Commissioner of the Department of Commerce and Economic Development or the Commissioner of the Department of Community Affairs, or the Governor may appoint, in lieu thereof, an additional member of the Casino Control Commission as a voting member.
No more than four of the voting members appointed by the Governor pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be of the same political party.
In the appointment of members of the authority, consideration should be given to achieving a membership of high quality and varied experience, with special emphasis on the fields of banking, finance, investment, and housing and urban development.
b. Each member appointed by the Governor shall hold office for the term of his appointment and until his successor shall have been appointed and qualified. A member shall be eligible for reappointment. Any vacancy in the membership occurring other than by expiration of term shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment but for the unexpired term only.
c. The member or members of the Casino Control Commission appointed by the Governor shall serve as a member or members of the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority at the pleasure of the Governor, subject to the limitations in subsections c., f., and h. of section 52 of P.L.1977, c.110 (C.5:12-52). Such a member may be removed or suspended from office as a member of the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority as provided in section 6 of this act. Any removal or suspension from office of a member of the Casino Control Commission from the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority shall not affect his office held as a member of the Casino Control Commission. Removal from office as a member of the Casino Control Commission may only be done in accordance with subsection g. of section 52 of P.L.1977, c.110 (C.5:12-52).
L.1984,c.218,s.5; amended 1991, c.219, s.1; 1993, c.159, s.10; 1996, c.118, s.4; 2004, c.129, s.11.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 5:12-153 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.