|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 5, AMUSEMENTS, PUBLIC EXHIBITIONS AND MEETINGS
Chapter 5: New Jersey Racing Commission, powers, duties; definitons.
Section: 5:5-187: Use of mobile gaming devices at racetracks.
1. a. The New Jersey Racing Commission may authorize the use of mobile gaming devices by patrons at in-State racetracks for the placement of wagers on in-State and out-of-State races being transmitted to the racetrack through an approved simulcasting signal, and live races taking place at that racetrack. As used in this section, "mobile gaming devices" means communications technology that allows a patron to transmit information to a computer to place a horse racing wager and to receive and display information concerning wagers, outcomes, and other information necessary or required to be provided to the patron in connection with wagering. The commission shall promulgate the rules and regulations necessary to implement the use of mobile gaming devices at approved racetracks in this State, which shall include, but may not be limited to, ensuring that:
(1) the patron is of lawful age and has established a mobile gaming account in person with the permit holder at the permit holder's racetrack where mobile gaming wagers will be placed;
(2) the wager is placed by and the winnings paid to the patron in person within the approved racetrack facility;
(3) the amounts wagered are distributed in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
(4) the mobile gaming device is inoperable outside the approved racetrack;
(5) the commission has authorized the device for mobile gaming; and
(6) mobile wagering is conducted in compliance with other applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of horse racing and wagering in this State.
b. For the purposes of this section, mobile gaming devices shall be permitted to operate within the property boundaries of an approved racetrack facility, including any restaurant, simulcasting room, and outdoor area, but excluding parking garages or parking areas of the racetrack facility, provided that the commission shall ascertain and ensure, pursuant to rules and regulations issued by it to implement mobile gaming under this section, that mobile gaming shall not extend outside of the property boundaries of the racetrack facility.
L.2013, c.12, s.1.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 11:17:21.
Older versions of 5:5-187 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.