|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 5, AMUSEMENTS, PUBLIC EXHIBITIONS AND MEETINGS
Chapter 5: New Jersey Racing Commission, powers, duties; definitons.
Section: 5:5-82: Special permit; additional percentage payable; deduction of expenses
(a) In addition to the amounts otherwise provided in section 7 of this act, a special permit holder for the special running race meeting conducted during calendar year 1962 shall pay to the commission a sum equal to 6\% of so much of the total contributions to all pari-mutuel pools conducted or made during such special running race meeting as does not exceed $40,000,000.00, and 5\% of so much of such total contributions as exceed $40,000,000.00, but shall be entitled to deduct from such sum all expenses applicable to the holding of such running race meeting as shall be approved by the commission. The commission shall approve the following expenses:
(1) Purses and stakes.
(2) Salaries and wages, including the welfare and pension fund contributions and payroll taxes payable by the employer, of police and security personnel, pari-mutuel employees, track maintenance personnel and all personnel employed in connection with the actual conduct of the race.
(3) Expenses in connection with jockeys including necessary supplies, insurance, laundry and meals.
(4) Office equipment and supplies, including postage, stationery and printing costs, in connection with pari-mutuel department and the actual operation of racing.
(5) Rental charges for totalisator, daily double machine and other equipment, including actual repair charges thereto, used in connection with pari-mutuel department and the actual operation of racing.
(6) Any other expenses incurred in connection with the pari-mutuel department and the actual operation of racing, including but not limited to bank service charges, cash over and short and claims, saliva and other tests, stable supplies, valet pool, uniforms and trophies.
All of the above expenses shall be allowed only to the extent that they are actually incurred in connection with the holding of the special running race meeting.
(b) A special permit holder shall pay the sum required in subsection (a) of this section to the commission within 15 days of the last day of the running race meeting.
L.1962, c. 17, s. 8.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 5:5-82 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.