|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Chapter 17B: Establishment of department; "the department" defined
Section: 52:17B-195: Organization, establishment of technology center.
2. a. The Division of State Police in the Department of Law and Public Safety shall organize and establish a technology center to coordinate and assist law enforcement agencies in their responses to reports of missing children and in their efforts to recover abducted children.
The technology utilized in the center shall be of a type endorsed by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and shall embody, but not be limited to:
(1) a system to send and receive highly recognizable color and black and white photographic images of missing and abducted children;
(2) a forced delivery system that provides for the spontaneous, automatic reception of photographic images of missing and abducted children by all participating law enforcement agencies and forces;
(3) demonstrably user-friendly components which law enforcement officers can quickly and easily become proficient in using; and
(4) ready compatibility with existing systems.
b. The governing body of any municipality which has a law enforcement agency or force and wishes to secure access to the State Police technology center in order to participate in that centralized program to coordinate and assist law enforcement agencies in their responses to reports of missing children and in their efforts to recover abducted children may apply to the Attorney General for State aid to purchase the appropriate computer technology, both hardware and software, to access the State Police technology center and participate in the program. Application shall be made in a manner and form prescribed by the Attorney General.
c. The Attorney General shall adopt guidelines to effectuate the purposes of this act.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:55.
Older versions of 52:17B-195 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.