|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 54, TAXATION
Section: 54:39-141: Payment of tax required.
41. a. A person shall not sell, use, deliver, or store in this State, or import for sale, use, delivery or storage in this State, fuel as to which the tax imposed by section 3 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-103) has not been previously paid to or accrued by either a licensed supplier, or permissive supplier, at the time of removal from a terminal, or a licensed distributor provided all the conditions of section 43 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-143) applicable to lawful import by the distributor shall have been met.
b. The provisions of subsection a. of this section shall not apply to:
(1) A supplier with respect to fuel held within the terminal transfer system in this State which was manufactured in this State or imported into this State in a bulk transfer;
(2) A consumer with respect to fuel placed in the vehicle fuel supply tank of that person's motor vehicle outside of this State;
(3) Dyed fuel, dyed in accordance with P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-101 et al.);
(4) Fuel in the process of exportation by a supplier or a distributor in accordance with the shipping papers required by section 39 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-139) and with a statement meeting the requirements of section 42 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-142) shown on the shipping papers;
(5) Kerosene used in aircraft subject to the conditions and exceptions in subsection a. of section 12 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-112);
(6) Fuel in possession of a consumer as to which a refund has been issued;
(7) Government and other exempt fuel under paragraphs (3) and (4) of subsection b. of section 12 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-112); or
(8) A distributor who has met the conditions of section 21 of P.L.2010, c.22 (C.54:39-121).
L.2010, c.22, s.41; amended 2010, c.79, s.23.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:56.
Older versions of 54:39-141 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.