|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section: 26:1A-113: Powers and duties of division
The division shall:
(1) Maintain a continuous study, analysis and interpretation of all information, data, programs and developments pertaining to the aging processes and the needs of the older residents of New Jersey;
(2) Maintain a continuous inventory of resources in any way available which can be drawn upon to carry out the program of the division in the performance of its functions and duties;
(3) Serve as the central permanent agency for the planning and co-ordination of programs and services for the older residents in the State, particularly in respect to those which multiple governmental agencies or private organizations may contribute;
(4) Provide leadership and administrative direction to such efforts from one central source so that those who need help or who may provide help on any of the aspects of aging shall have a central point of contact;
(5) Serve as a communications clearing house for information in the large and complex fields of human relationships in respect to aging;
(6) Disseminate and publicize organized information of value to the public generally and to all groups concerned in any way with the diverse subject of aging;
(7) Consult with, advise and otherwise provide professional assistance to organized efforts by communities, organizations, associations and groups who are working toward any and all forms of assistance to the aging;
(8) Hold public hearings when necessary to further the objectives consonant with the provisions of this act;
(9) Co-operate and consult with such other departments of State or Federal Government to the extent necessary to attain the objectives of this act.
L.1957, c. 72, p. 141, s. 7. Amended by L.1966, c. 61, s. 7, eff. June 6, 1966.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:48.
Older versions of 26:1A-113 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: