|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2: Department may establish
Section: 26:2-142.1: Diabetes action plan, report to Governor, Legislature.
1. a. The Department of Health, in consultation with the Department of Human Services and the Department of Children and Families, shall develop a diabetes action plan to reduce the impact of diabetes in the State of New Jersey. The plan shall identify goals and benchmarks related to reducing the incidence of diabetes in New Jersey, improving diabetes care, and controlling complications associated with diabetes.
b. The Department of Health, in consultation with the Department of Human Services and the Department of Children and Families, shall, no later than 24 months after the effective date of this act and biannually thereafter, present a report to the Governor, and to the Legislature pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1991, c.164 (C.52:14-19.1), on the following:
(1) The financial impact and reach of diabetes of all types on the Department of Health, the Department of Human Services, and the Department of Children and Families, as well as the population Statewide and in specific areas of the State. The report shall include: (a) the number of people with diabetes receiving services provided by each department; (b) the number of people with diabetes and family members impacted by diabetes prevention and control programs implemented by each department; (c) the financial impact of diabetes and its complications on each department; and (d) the financial impact of diabetes and its complications on each department in comparison to other chronic diseases and conditions;
(2) The benefits of implemented programs and activities aimed at preventing or controlling diabetes. This assessment shall document the amount and source of any funding directed to each department for programs and activities aimed at reaching those with diabetes;
(3) The level of coordination among the three departments and the divisions and agencies thereof on activities, programmatic activities, and messaging related to the management, treatment, or prevention of all forms of diabetes and its complications;
(4) The development or revision of a detailed action plan for preventing and controlling diabetes with a range of actionable items for consideration by the Legislature. The plan shall identify proposed actions to reduce the impact of all forms of diabetes, pre-diabetes, and complications related to diabetes; identify expected outcomes of the proposed actions in the following biennium; and establish benchmarks for preventing and controlling relevant forms of diabetes, reducing the incidence of diabetes, improving diabetes care, and controlling complications associated with diabetes; and
(5) The development of a detailed budget blueprint identifying needs, costs, and resources required to implement the plan pursuant to paragraph (4) of this subsection. This blueprint shall include a budget range for each proposed action presented in the plan pursuant to paragraph (4) of this subsection for consideration by the Legislature.
L.2013, c.104, s.1.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-08-29 10:40:33.
Older versions of 26:2-142.1 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: