|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2: Department may establish
Section: 26:2-89: Powers and duties of committee
The department shall:
(1) With the advice of the committee, develop standards for determining eligibility for care and treatment under this program.
(2) Assist in the development and expansion of programs for the care and treatment of persons suffering from chronic renal diseases, including dialysis and other medical procedures and techniques which will have a lifesaving effect in the care and treatment of persons suffering from these diseases.
(3) Assist in the development of programs for the prevention of chronic renal diseases.
(4) Extend financial assistance to persons suffering from chronic renal diseases in obtaining the medical, nursing, pharmaceutical, and technical services necessary in caring for such diseases, including the renting of home dialysis equipment.
(5) Assist in equipping dialysis centers.
(6) Institute and carry on an educational program among physicians, hospitals, public health departments, and the public concerning chronic renal diseases, including the dissemination of information and the conducting of educational programs concerning the prevention of chronic renal diseases and the methods for the care and treatment of persons suffering from these diseases.
L.1969, c. 72, s. 3, eff. June 4, 1969.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:48.
Older versions of 26:2-89 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: