|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-12.30: Minimum criteria for comprehensive stroke centers.
4. A hospital designated as a comprehensive stroke center shall use proven state-of-the-art technology and medical techniques and, at a minimum, meet the criteria set forth in this section.
a. The hospital shall meet all of the criteria required for a primary stroke center pursuant to section 3 of this act.
b. With respect to patient care, the hospital shall:
(1) maintain a neurosurgical team that is capable of assessing and treating complex stroke and stroke-like syndromes;
(2) maintain on staff a neuro-radiologist with Certificate of Added Qualifications and a physician with neuro-interventional angiographic training and skills;
(3) provide comprehensive rehabilitation services either on site or by transfer agreement with another health care facility; and
(4) enter into and maintain written transfer agreements with primary stroke centers to accept transfer of patients with complex strokes when clinically warranted.
c. With respect to support services, the hospital shall:
(1) have magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography angiography capabilities;
(2) have digital subtraction angiography and a suite equipped for neuro-interventional procedures;
(3) develop and maintain sophisticated outcomes assessment and performance improvement capability that incorporates data from affiliated primary stroke centers and integrates regional, State, and national data;
(4) provide guidance and continuing medical education to primary stroke centers;
(5) provide graduate medical education in stroke; and
(6) conduct research on stroke-related topics.
d. If the Commissioner of Health determines that a new drug, device, technique, or technology has become available for the treatment of stroke that provides a diagnostic or therapeutic advantage over existing elements included in the criteria established in this section or in section 3 of this act, the commissioner may, by regulation, revise or update the criteria accordingly.
L.2004, c.136, s.4; amended 2012, c.17, s.194.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-12.30 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: