|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-12.34: Training required for service as trustee of general hospital, conditions.
1. a. (1) As a condition of serving as a member of the board of trustees of a general hospital licensed pursuant to P.L.1971, c.136 (C.26:2H-1 et al.), a person shall be required to complete a training program approved by the Commissioner of Health that is designed to clarify the roles and duties of a hospital trustee and is at least one day in length.
(2) The training shall be completed no later than six months after the date that the person is appointed as a member of the board, except that a person who is appointed as a member of a hospital board of trustees on or after the date of enactment of this act but prior to the effective date thereof shall complete the training no later than six months after the effective date.
(3) A person who was appointed as a member of a hospital board of trustees prior to the date of enactment of P.L.2007, c.74 shall complete the training no later than six months after the effective date of P.L.2008, c.57.
b. The commissioner shall, in consultation with the New Jersey Hospital Association, the Hospital Alliance of New Jersey, and the New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals:
(1) prescribe the subject matter of the training, which shall include, but need not be limited to, a review of the types of financial, organizational, legal, regulatory, and ethical issues that a hospital trustee may be required to consider in the course of discharging the trustee's governance responsibilities;
(2) arrange for, or specify, the entity or entities to provide the training;
(3) specify the timeframe within which the training is to be completed;
(4) certify completion of the training for each trustee upon receipt of documentation thereof, as provided on a form and in a manner prescribed by the commissioner, or otherwise arrange for certification by the training entity; and
(5) take such other actions as the commissioner determines appropriate to effectuate the purposes of this act.
L.2007, c.74, s.1; amended 2008, c.57; 2012, c.17, s.198.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-12.34 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: