|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-12.6f: Responsibilities of commissioner concerning compliance.
5. a. The commissioner shall:
(1) investigate every complaint of noncompliance with the provisions of P.L.2005, c.50 (C.26:2H-12.6b et seq.) by an emergency health care facility, including the failure of a facility to provide the services required by P.L.2005, c.50;
(2) determine whether the complaint is substantiated, and if so, what action shall be taken by the emergency health care facility or commissioner to address the complaint;
(3) notify the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program of all substantiated complaints;
(4) compile the substantiated complaints;
(5) analyze the substantiated complaints, at least annually, to determine if there is any pattern of failure to provide services pursuant to P.L.2005, c.50; and
(6) determine, at least annually, whether an emergency health care facility is complying with the provisions of P.L.2005, c.50. The commissioner may utilize all means within his regulatory authority concerning health care facilities to verify a facility's compliance with P.L.2005, c.50.
b. If the commissioner determines that an emergency health care facility is not in compliance with the provisions of P.L.2005, c.50, the commissioner may assess such penalties and take other actions against the facility, as provided in P.L.1971, c.136 (C.26:2H-1 et seq.). Any such penalties assessed for noncompliance shall be paid to the Department of the Treasury and allocated, on a quarterly basis, to the Division on Women for supplemental funding for designated rape crisis centers.
c. The commissioner shall prepare an annual report, which shall be available to the public, summarizing the substantiated complaints, the actions taken by an emergency health care facility or the commissioner to address the complaints, and the commissioner's findings concerning any pattern of failure to provide services under, or noncompliance with, the provisions of P.L.2005, c.50.
L.2005, c.50, s.5; amended 2012, c.16, s.47.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-12.6f (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: