|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section: 26:2K-67: Report by provider to department.
2. a. Each emergency medical services provider shall report to the department, in the most recent National Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS) format, the following information concerning each incident in which the entity provides emergency medical services:
(1) The date, time, and location of the encounter;
(2) The nature of the medical emergency, including the number of persons requiring emergency medical services and the condition of each person requiring emergency medical services at the time the provider arrived at the scene of the encounter;
(3) Any emergency medical treatment or other services provided, including any specific procedures performed, any medications administered including, but not limited to, an opioid antidote, and any modalities administered;
(4) The name and certification or professional licensure of each emergency medical service professional staffing the provider unit during the encounter, regardless of whether the professional provided direct treatment or services to any person;
(5) Whether any other emergency medical services provider responded to the request for emergency medical services, and, if so, whether they provided emergency medical treatment or other services to any person;
(6) The outcome of the encounter, including whether each person receiving emergency medical services was treated, refused additional treatment, was transported to a hospital or other health care facility or transferred to another emergency medical services provider for further treatment, or died. In the case of a person who was transported by a provider other than the reporting provider, the reporting provider shall identify the transporting provider and the receiving facility, if known. In the case of a person who died, the provider shall indicate the cause of death, if known, and whether the person died before, during, or after the provision of emergency medical services; and
(7) Any other particulars of the encounter as may be relevant or as may be required by the commissioner.
b. Each emergency medical services dispatch center shall report to the department, in a standardized format as the commissioner shall prescribe by regulation, the following information concerning each request for emergency medical services received by the dispatch center:
(1) The date, time, and location of the request for emergency medical services;
(2) The nature and circumstances of the emergency, as provided to the dispatch center;
(3) The identity of each emergency medical services provider dispatched to the scene of the encounter; and
(4) Any other particulars of the request as may be relevant or as may be required by the commissioner.
L.2017, c.116, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2017-08-08 09:10:58.
Older versions of 26:2K-67 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: