|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2M: Alzheimer's Disease training
Section: 26:2M-7.1: Long-term care facilities, list of services for Alzheimer's patients.
1. A long-term care facility that provides specialized care of patients with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, as defined in section 2 of P.L.1988, c.114 (C.26:2M-10), shall:
a. compile and maintain daily records for each shift in the facility and provide to a member of the public, upon request, information that indicates for each shift, as appropriate:
(1) the number of nurses, including the aggregate total of registered professional nurses and licensed practical nurses, providing direct care to patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders; and
(2) the number of certified nurse aides providing direct care to patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders; and
b. provide a member of the public seeking placement of a person diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or related disorders in the facility with a clear and concise written list that indicates:
(1) the activities that are specifically directed toward patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, including, but not limited to, those designed to maintain dignity and personal identity, enhance socialization and success, and accommodate the cognitive and functional ability of a patient;
(2) the frequency of the activities listed in paragraph (1) of this subsection; and
(3) the safety policies and procedures and any security monitoring system that is specific to patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2017-03-10 13:09:51.
Older versions of 26:2M-7.1 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: