|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 2C, THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Section: 2C:14-10: Additional penalties for sex offenders; collection; use.
1. a. In addition to any fine, fee, assessment or penalty authorized under the provisions of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes, a person convicted of a sex offense, as defined in section 2 of P.L.1994, c.133 (C.2C:7-2),shall be assessed a penalty for each such offense not to exceed:
(1) $2,000, when the conviction is a crime of the first degree;
(2) $1,000, when the conviction is a crime of the second degree;
(3) $750, when the conviction is a crime of the third degree; and
(4) $500, when the conviction is a crime of the fourth degree.
b. All penalties provided for in this section shall be collected as provided for collection of fines and restitutions in section 3 of P.L.1979, c.396 (C.2C:46-4), and shall be forwarded to the Department of the Treasury as provided in subsection c. of this section.
c. All moneys collected pursuant to this section shall be forwarded to the Department of the Treasury to be deposited in the "Sex Crime Victim Treatment Fund" established in the State Treasury by section 2 of P.L.2005, c.73 (C.52:4B-43.2).
L. 2005, c. 73, s.1.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 2c:14-10 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: