|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 2C, THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Chapter 34: Prostitution and related offenses.
Section: 2C:34-6: Definitions
2. As used in sections 2 and 3 of this act:
a. "Sexually oriented business" means:
(1) A commercial establishment which as one of its principal business purposes offers for sale, rental, or display any of the following:
Books, magazines, periodicals or other printed material, or photographs, films, motion pictures, video cassettes, slides or other visual representations which depict or describe a "specified sexual activity" or "specified anatomical area"; or still or motion picture machines, projectors or other image-producing devices which show images to one person per machine at any one time, and where the images so displayed are characterized by the depiction of a "specified sexual activity" or "specified anatomical area"; or instruments, devices, or paraphernalia which are designed for use in connection with a "specified sexual activity"; or
(2) A commercial establishment which regularly features live performances characterized by the exposure of a "specified anatomical area" or by a "specified sexual activity," or which regularly shows films, motion pictures, video cassettes, slides, or other photographic representations which depict or describe a "specified sexual activity" or "specified anatomical area."
b. "Person" means an individual, proprietorship, partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity.
c. "Specified anatomical area" means:
(1) Less than completely and opaquely covered human genitals, pubic region, buttock or female breasts below a point immediately above the top of the areola; or
(2) Human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state, even if covered.
d. "Specified sexual activity" means:
(1) The fondling or other erotic touching of covered or uncovered human genitals, pubic region, buttock or female breast; or
(2) Any actual or simulated act of human masturbation, sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 2c:34-6 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: