|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Section: 52:14B-30: Report to Governor, Legislature.
5. a. The Secretary of State, or other State officer or employee designated by the Governor pursuant to section 3 of P.L.2011, c.34 (C.52:14B-28), shall submit, no less than biennially, a report to the Governor and, pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1991, c.164 (C.52:14-19.1), to the Legislature, summarizing the information contained in the comprehensive written reviews that have been submitted by the various State agencies pursuant to section 2 of P.L.2011, c.34 (C.52:14B-27). In particular, each report shall include:
(1) a summary of the actions taken by each State agency during the preceding period to:
(a) eliminate obsolete permits;
(b) extend the period of validity associated with non-obsolete permits;
(c) expedite the State agency's permitting procedures;
(d) facilitate the enhanced use of computer-based and Internet technology in such procedures; and
(e) reduce the number of permits that are backlogged;
(2) a description of the remaining permits that each State agency has identified as being obsolete and conducive to elimination;
(3) a description of the remaining permits that each State agency has indicated could have their period of validity extended beyond the scheduled termination date;
(4) a description of the remaining permitting procedures that each State agency has identified as being conducive to revision, simplification, or the greater incorporation of computer-based technology, such as the Internet;
(5) the identification, by name, of the counties and municipalities that are participating in cooperative and contemporaneous handling of business permits and approvals pursuant to section 3 of P.L.2011, c.34 (C.52:14B-28);
(6) the identification, by name and project, of the specific employees assigned as designated contact persons to specific projects pursuant to section 4 of P.L.2011, c.34 (C.52:14B-29), as well as a summary of actions taken on behalf of each project, and a description of the outcome of each project that was completed during the preceding period; and
(7) any information pertaining to other matters as the Secretary of State or the Governor's designee may find material.
b. The report required by subsection a. of this section shall be posted on the Department of State web site.
c. After due consideration of the report submitted in accordance with subsection a. of this section, the Governor may:
(1) direct the head of each State agency to make such changes to the State agency's permitting systems as may be appropriate, pursuant to current rules, regulations, and statutes, in order to effectuate those parts of the report the Governor deems necessary; and
(2) seek from the Legislature changes in the statutory law, including the amendment, repeal, or supplementation of various statutes as the Governor believes appropriate, in order to effectuate those parts of the report the Governor deems necessary.
d. The head of each State agency shall adopt such rules and regulations, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), and perform such duties, as the head of the State agency may deem necessary, in order to effectuate the regulatory changes identified in section 2 of P.L.2011, c.34 (C.52:14B-27) and this section.
L.2011, c.34, s.5; amended 2015, c.88, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2015-08-27 11:36:43.
Older versions of 52:14B-30 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.