|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Chapter 27G: Legislative findings and declarations
Section: 52:27G-40: Statewide registry of registered professional guardians; information included.
11. a. The Office of the Public Guardian for Elderly Adults shall maintain a Statewide registry of registered professional guardians and make all information in the registry available to the Administrative Director of the Courts for the use of the Superior Court, or to other interested parties upon request. The registry shall include the following information for each registered guardian:
(1) full name used within the past 10 years;
(2) date of birth;
(3) business address;
(4) business telephone number;
(5) educational background and professional experience, including work in any related field germane to furnishing of guardianship services; and
(6) the insurance company issuing the registered guardian's professional liability insurance coverage;
b. In addition to the information listed in subsection a. of this section, if known to the public guardian, the registry shall include the following information for each registered guardian:
(1) whether that person has ever been removed for cause or resigned as guardian in a specific case, the circumstances of the removal or resignation, and the case names, court locations and case numbers;
(2) any judgment entered against the person as a result of the performance of services as a guardian;
(3) any finding by a court that the person is accountable for malfeasance, nonfeasance or misfeasance;
(4) any finding by a court that the person has violated the guardian's duties to the incapacitated adult, his estate or his insurance policy; and
(5) any known pending or final licensing or disciplinary actions.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:56.
Older versions of 52:27G-40 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: CLICK HERE.