|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 23, FISH AND GAME, WILD BIRDS AND ANIMALS
Chapter 3: License for hunting, fishing or trapping; penalty; exemptions.
Section: 23:3-51.13: Violations, penalties.
15. a. A person who violates any provision of R.S.23:3-51, R.S.23:3-52, or P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.2 et al.)shall be subject to the penalties prescribed in section 73 of P.L.1979, c.199 (C.23:2B-14). In addition to those penalties, if a licensee: (1) falsifies or misrepresents any information contained in a report submitted pursuant to section 8 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.6) or section 10 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.8); (2) fails to report a release as required by section 12 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.10); or (3) fishes in, or allows a purse seine or shirred net to drift into, any restricted fishing area, as prohibited by subsection g. of R.S.23:3-51, the licensee shall be subject to the following periods of license suspension:
(1) a 30-day suspension of their license for a first offense;
(2) a 60-day suspension of their license for a second offense; and
(3) a 180-day suspension of their license for a third or subsequent offense.
b. (1) If a license is suspended pursuant to subsection a. of this section, and, for three years thereafter, the licensee does not commit another offense warranting suspension of their license, the initial offense warranting license suspension shall be removed from consideration in determining an applicable term of license suspension for any offense committed by the licensee after that three-year period.
(2) The forgiveness of prior offenses provided for by this subsection shall apply only to those determinations that pertain to the calculation of applicable license suspension periods. All prior offenses shall be taken into account in the calculation of any monetary penalties provided for by P P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.2 et al.).
c. A license suspension imposed pursuant to this section shall be applicable to both the licensee and the licensed vessel, if any, and shall be carried out during the normal season of fishing operations, which extends from May 15 through October 15 of each year. If the duration of a license suspension period is not completed during the current year's normal season of fishing operations, the balance of the license suspension shall be made up during the following year's normal season of fishing operations.
L.2013, c.74, s.15.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-07-08 15:51:59.
Older versions of 23:3-51.13 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: