|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 23, FISH AND GAME, WILD BIRDS AND ANIMALS
Chapter 3: License for hunting, fishing or trapping; penalty; exemptions.
Section: 23:3-51.5: Transfer of license.
7. a. Upon application to, and approval by, the department, the holder of a Menhaden Purse Seine Fishing Vessel License, issued pursuant to R.S.23:3-51, the holder of a Menhaden Landing License, issued pursuant to section 5 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.3), or the holder of a Menhaden Personal Use and Limited Sale License, issued pursuant to section 12 of P.L.2014, c.57 (C.23:3-51.16), may transfer their license as follows:
(1) To a replacement vessel when the vessel named in the license is replaced by the licensee; or
(2) To a new owner of the vessel named in the license when the vessel is sold or otherwise transferred to another person.
b. The following limitations shall apply to any license transfer undertaken pursuant to paragraph (1) of subsection a. of this section:
(1) a license shall only be transferrable to a replacement vessel that employs the same type of fishing gear identified in the original license;
(2) a license that is applicable to a purse seine catch vessel, including the Menhaden Landing License designated as a purse seine-catch pursuant to paragraph (1) of subsection f. of section 5 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.3), shall only be transferrable to a replacement purse seine catch vessel, and a license that is applicable to a purse seine carry vessel shall only be transferrable to a replacement purse seine carry vessel;
(3) a license that is applicable to a purse seine catch vessel or a purse seine carry vessel shall be transferrable to a replacement vessel only if the replacement vessel is not more than 10 percent larger in overall length, 10 percent larger in the hold capacity as measured in cubic feet, and not more than 20 percent more powerful in terms of horsepower, than the originally licensed vessel.
c. A person who transfers a license pursuant to paragraph (2) of subsection a. of this section shall no longer be eligible to obtain a Menhaden Landing License or a Menhaden Personal Use and Limited Sale License based upon the landing history of the vessel being sold.
d. An applicant for a license transfer shall submit an application to the commissioner, on a form developed by the commissioner, and no license shall be transferred pursuant to this section without the prior approval of the commissioner.
e. A person shall not be eligible for transfer of their license pursuant to this section if: (1) their license is pending suspension or has been suspended pursuant to section 15 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.13); or (2) the licensee is subject to court action for a violation of R.S.23:3-51 or P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.2 et al.).
L.2013, c.74, s.7; amended 2014, c.57, s.5.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2014-09-18 11:27:29.
Older versions of 23:3-51.5 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: