|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 23, FISH AND GAME, WILD BIRDS AND ANIMALS
Chapter 3: License for hunting, fishing or trapping; penalty; exemptions.
Section: 23:3-51.6: Monthly report by licensee to commissioner.
8. a. The holder of a Menhaden Landing License or the holder of a Menhaden Personal Use and Limited Sale License shall submit a monthly report to the commissioner, on a form developed by the commissioner. The licensee shall attest to the validity of the information contained in the monthly report, and shall electronically, or in hard copy paper form, as provided pursuant to section 14 of P.L.2014, c.57 (C.23:3-51.18), submit the report to the department using a method approved by the commissioner. If no landing, sale, or barter of menhaden occurred during the month, the licensee shall submit a report to that effect.
b. The monthly report shall include, at a minimum, the following information, which shall be reported on an individual trip basis:
(1) the name of the licensee and licensed vessel, if any;
(2) the licensee's Menhaden Landing License or Menhaden Personal Use and Limited Sale License number, as applicable;
(3) the name of the purse seine catch vessel, if any, which was used in conjunction with the licensed vessel;
(4) the total amount, in pounds, of menhaden landed by the licensee or licensed vessel;
(5) the total amount, in pounds, of menhaden discarded by the licensee or licensed vessel;
(6) the location of harvest;
(7) the type of gear used for harvest;
(8) the ports used for the landing of menhaden;
(9) the date on which, and the dealer to whom, any landed menhaden was sold or bartered by the licensee; and
(10) any other information required by the department.
c. (1) In addition to any other penalties provided by section 73 of P.L.1979, c.199 (C.23:2B-14), by P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.2 et al.), or by any other law, any licensee who fails to submit a monthly report on or before the 10th day of the month following the month of record shall be subject to a fine of $50 for a first offense, $100 for a second offense, and $200 for any subsequent offense.
(2) Any fines collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited in the Menhaden Marine Fisheries Management Account, established pursuant to section 14 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.12).
L.2013, c.74, s.8; amended 2014, c.57, s.6.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2014-09-18 11:27:39.
Older versions of 23:3-51.6 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: