|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 23, FISH AND GAME, WILD BIRDS AND ANIMALS
Chapter 3: License for hunting, fishing or trapping; penalty; exemptions.
Section: 23:3-51.8: Weekly report by holders of Menhaden Dealer License.
10. a. The holder of a Menhaden Dealer License shall submit a weekly report to the commissioner, on forms developed by the commissioner. The licensee shall attest to the validity of the information contained in the weekly report, and shall electronically, or in hard copy paper form, as provided pursuant to section 14 of P.L.2014, c.57 (C.23:3-51.18), submit the report to the department. If no purchase or trade of menhaden occurred during the week, the licensee shall submit a report to that effect. For the purposes of this section, a week shall begin on Sunday and end on Saturday.
b. The weekly report shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) the name of the licensee;
(2) the licensee's Menhaden Dealer License number;
(3) the Menhaden Landing License number of each person selling or trading menhaden to the dealer during the preceding week;
(4) the total amount, in pounds, of menhaden purchased or traded during the preceding week;
(5) the location of harvest for menhaden purchased or traded during the preceding week;
(6) the type of gear used for the harvest of menhaden purchased or traded during the preceding week;
(7) the date of purchase or trade; and
(8) any other information required by the department.
c. (1) In addition to any other penalties provided by section 73 of P.L.1979, c.199 (C.23:2B-14), by P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.2 et al.), or by any other law, if a licensed menhaden dealer fails to submit a weekly report, as required by this section, either on or before 12:00 p.m. on the Tuesday following the week of record, the licensee shall be subject to a fine of $50 for a first offense, $100 for a second offense, and $200 for any subsequent offense.
(2) Any fines collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited in the Menhaden Marine Fisheries Management Account, established pursuant to section 14 of P.L.2013, c.74 (C.23:3-51.12).
L.2013, c.74, s.10; amended 2014, c.57, s.7.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2014-09-18 11:27:47.
Older versions of 23:3-51.8 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: