|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 39, MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC REGULATION
Section: 39:2A-13: Powers, duties of board.
13. a. In addition to any powers and duties conferred upon it elsewhere in this act, the board shall be authorized to:
(1) Make, amend and repeal bylaws not inconsistent with State and federal law;
(2) Adopt an official seal;
(3) Maintain an office at such place or places within the State as it may designate;
(4) Apply for and accept grants from the State or federal government, or any agency thereof, or grants, gifts or other contributions from any foundation, corporation, association or individual, or any private source, and comply with the terms, conditions and limitations thereof, as necessary and proper to carry out the purposes of this act;
(5) Delegate to the chief administrator and any other officers of the commission such powers and duties as necessary and proper to carry out the purposes of this act;
(6) Operate, lease, license or contract in such manner as to produce revenue for the commission, as provided in this act, including engaging in advertising services pursuant to section 35 of P.L.2003, c.13 (C.39:2A-33);
(7) Accept and use any funds available to the commission;
(8) Enter into agreements or contracts to pay for goods from and services rendered by any public or private entity, and receive payment for services rendered to any public or private entity, including advertising services provided pursuant to section 35 of P.L.2003, c.13 (C.39:2A-33); and
(9) Enter into agreements or contracts, execute any and all instruments, and do and perform acts or things necessary, convenient or desirable for the purposes of the commission, or to carry out any power expressly or implicitly given in this act.
b. The board is further authorized to:
(1) Review and approve a statement of the vision, mission, and goals of the commission, as submitted by the chief administrator;
(2) Review and approve the strategic business plan of the commission which shall include the commission's long-term objectives, policies, and programs, including a facilities improvement and management plan and a table of organization, as submitted by the chief administrator;
(3) Review and approve the annual budget of the commission as submitted by the chief administrator and ensure that projected revenues and service charges are sufficient to adequately fund the commission both in the short and long-term;
(4) Receive reports and recommendations from any advisory council created pursuant to section 26 of P.L.2003, c.13 (C.39:2A-26) and provide policy direction related thereto to the chief administrator;
(5) Review and recommend all capital purchases and construction projects undertaken by the commission;
(6) Review any proposed bill, joint resolution or concurrent resolution introduced in either House of the Legislature which establishes or modifies any motor vehicle statute or regulation in this State. Such a review shall include, but not be limited to, an analysis of the fiscal impact of the bill or resolution on the commission and any comments upon or recommendations concerning the legislation including rejection, modification or approval. Additionally, the board shall suggest alternatives to the legislation which it deems may be appropriate; and
(7) Recommend to the Governor and the Legislature any statutory changes it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, any revisions to fees or service charges or changes to programs, in order to insure the proper functioning and operation of the commission.
c. Except as provided in this section and section 21 of P.L.2003, c.13 (C.39:2A-21), all administrative functions, powers and duties of the commission may be exercised by the chief administrator and any reference to the commission in any law, rule or regulation may for this purpose be deemed to refer to the chief administrator.
L.2003, c.13, s.13; amended 2007, c.335, s.3; 2009 c.298, s.3.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:51.
Older versions of 39:2A-13 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: