|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 39, MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC REGULATION
Section: 39:3C-2: Jurisdiction divided.
2. For the purpose of carrying out the provisions of P.L.1973, c.307 (C.39:3C-1 et seq.):
a. The chief administrator shall have the power, duty, and authority to administer and enforce all statutes, rules, and regulations, except as otherwise provided by statute, relating to the operation and use of snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and dirt bikes on or across a public highway or on public lands or waters, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Registration, identification, numbering, and classification;
(3) Standards of safety;
(4) (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2009, c.275); and
(5) Promulgation of rules and regulations to effectuate the purposes of P.L.1973, c.307 (C.39:3C-1 et seq.).
b. The Commissioner of Environmental Protection shall have the power, duty, and authority to administer and enforce all other statutes, permits, rules, and regulations relating to snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and dirt bikes on the public lands and waters under the jurisdiction of the Department of Environmental Protection such that:
(1) snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and dirt bikes shall be operated only on highways and roads designated and marked for such operation, unless specifically authorized by the commissioner; and
(2) snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and dirt bikes shall be operated only in areas designated and marked for such operation and only with a special use permit issued by the Department of Environmental Protection.
L.1973, c.307, s.2; amended 1985, c.375, s.3; 2009, c.275, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:51.
Older versions of 39:3C-2 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: