|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 3B, ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES--DECEDENTS AND OTHERS
Chapter 12: Power of the court to order a protective arrangement.
Section: 3B:12-42: Reporting condition of ward's person and property to court.
3B:12-42. Reporting condition of ward's person and property to court.
A guardian shall report at time intervals as ordered by the court, unless otherwise waived by the court, the condition of the ward and the condition of the ward's estate which has been subject to the guardian's possession or control as ordered by the court.
a. A report by the guardian of the person shall state or contain:
(1) the current mental, physical and social condition of the ward;
(2) the living arrangements for all addresses of the ward during the reporting period;
(3) the medical, educational, vocational and other services provided to the ward and the guardian's opinions as to the adequacy of the ward's care;
(4) a summary of the guardian's visits with the ward and activities on the ward's behalf and the extent to which the ward has participated in decision-making;
(5) if the ward is institutionalized, whether or not the guardian considers the current plan for care, treatment or habilitation to be in the ward's best interest;
(6) plans for future care; and
(7) a recommendation as to the need for continued guardianship and any recommended changes in the scope of the guardianship.
b. The court may appoint an individual to review a report, interview the ward or guardian and make any other investigation the court directs.
c. Agencies authorized to act pursuant to P.L.1985, c. 298 (C.52:27G-20 et seq.), P.L.1985, c. 145 (C.30:6D-23 et seq.), P.L.1965, c. 59 (C.30:4-165.1 et seq.) and P.L.1970, c. 289 (C.30:4-165.7 et seq.) and public officials appointed as limited guardians of the person for medical purposes for individuals in psychiatric facilities listed in R.S.30:1-7 shall be exempt from this section.
Amended 2005, c.304, s.29.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 3b:12-42 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: