|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 3B, ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES--DECEDENTS AND OTHERS
Section: 3B:12B-7: Cooperation between courts.
7. Cooperation between courts.
a. In a guardianship or protective proceeding, a court of this State may request the appropriate court of another state to do any of the following:
(1) hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) order a person in that state to produce evidence or give testimony pursuant to procedures of that state;
(3) order that an evaluation or assessment be made of the respondent;
(4) order any appropriate investigation of a person involved in a proceeding;
(5) forward to the court of this State a certified copy of the transcript or other record of a hearing under paragraph (1) or any other proceeding, any evidence otherwise produced under paragraph (2), and any evaluation or assessment prepared in compliance with an order under paragraph (3) or (4);
(6) issue any order necessary to assure the appearance in the proceeding of a person whose presence is necessary for the court to make a determination, including the respondent or the incapacitated or protected person; and
(7) issue an order authorizing the release of medical, financial, criminal, or other relevant information in that state, including protected health information which meets federal and state laws.
b. If a court of another state in which a guardianship or protective proceeding is pending requests assistance of the kind provided in subsection a., a court of this State has jurisdiction for the limited purpose of granting the request or making reasonable efforts to comply with the request.
L.2012, c.36, s.7.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2013-06-10 16:36:30.
Older versions of 3b:12B-7 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: