|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 3B, ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES--DECEDENTS AND OTHERS
Chapter 31: Uniform Trust Code
Section: 3B:31-84: Application to existing relationships.
3B:31-84. Application to Existing Relationships.
a. Except as otherwise provided in this act:
(1) this act applies to all trusts created before, on, or after its effective date;
(2) this act applies to all judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced on or after its effective date;
(3) this act applies to judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced before its effective date unless the court finds that application of a particular provision of this act would substantially interfere with the effective conduct of the judicial proceedings or prejudice the rights of the parties, in which case the particular provision of this act does not apply and the superseded law applies;
(4) any rule of construction or presumption provided in this act applies to trust instruments executed before the effective date of the act unless there is clear indication of a contrary intent in the terms of the trust; and
(5) an act done before the effective date is not affected by this act.
b. If a right is acquired, extinguished, or barred upon expiration of a prescribed period that has commenced to run under any other statute before the effective date of the act, that statute continues to apply to the right even if that statute has been repealed or superseded by this act.
L.2015, c.276, s.1.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2016-02-15 11:39:15.
Older versions of 3b:31-84 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: