|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Chapter 17B: Establishment of department; "the department" defined
Section: 52:17B-171: Allocation of functions, powers, duties, authority of commission
3. The functions, powers, duties and authority of the commission are allocated as follows:
a. The following shall be vested in the executive board and may not be delegated:
(1) Formulation of the policy and direction of the work of the commission to meet the purposes of this act;
(2) Approval of the organization of the work of the commission including establishment of appropriate subdivisions;
(3) Approval of the State Juvenile Justice Master Plan;
(4) Approval of the commission's budget for submission by the Attorney General as request officer;
(5) Promulgation of all rules and regulations;
(6) Designation of an acting executive director to serve in the absence of the executive director, or, in the event of a vacancy in that office;
(7) Establishment of education and training requirements for juvenile corrections officers and other specialists that may be required for supervision of programs for juveniles under the custody or care of the commission following adjudication of delinquency or release from incarceration; and
(8) Establishing with the Supreme Court a mechanism for coordinating juvenile justice matters.
b. The executive director shall be responsible for the following:
(1) The supervision and management of each secure juvenile facility, juvenile facility and program operated by the commission and, except as provided in paragraph (3) of this subsection with respect to appointment of superintendents, the designation of the chief executive officer for each facility or program who shall be responsible to the executive director for the efficient, economical and proper operation of the facility and who shall exercise the authority to consent to treatment pursuant to sections 2 and 4 of P.L.1969, c.181 (C.30:4-7.2 and 30:4-7.4);
(2) The immediate supervision of the work of the commission and the day to day exercise and performance of the commission's functions, powers, duties and authority;
(3) With the approval of the executive board, the appointment of all deputy directors and superintendents.
c. All functions, powers, duties and authority of the commission set forth in subsection e. of section 2 of P.L.1995, c.284 (C.52:17B-170) not specifically allocated to the executive board or to the executive director shall reside in the executive board but may be delegated to the executive director at the discretion of the executive board.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:55.
Older versions of 52:17B-171 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: