|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Chapter 17B: Establishment of department; "the department" defined
Section: 52:17B-179: State/Community Partnership Grant Program established
1. a. A State/Community Partnership Grant Program is established within the Juvenile Justice Commission established pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1995, c.284 (C.52:17B-170) to support, through grants allocated to county youth services commissions established pursuant to P.L.1995, c.282 (C.52:17B-180), facilities, sanctions and services for juveniles adjudicated or charged as delinquent and programs for prevention of juvenile delinquency. This program is established in order to:
(1) Encourage development of sanctions and services for juveniles adjudicated and charged as delinquent and programs for prevention of juvenile delinquency that protect the public, ensure accountability and foster rehabilitation;
(2) Increase the range of sanctions for juveniles adjudicated delinquent;
(3) Reduce overcrowding in State juvenile institutions and other facilities to ensure adequate bedspace for serious, violent and repetitive offenders;
(4) Reduce overcrowding in county detention facilities;
(5) Provide greater access to community-based sanctions and services for minority and female offenders;
(6) Expand programs designed to prevent juvenile delinquency; and
(7) Promote public safety by reducing recidivism.
b. The Juvenile Justice Commission shall administer the State/Community Partnership Grant Program and shall:
(1) Establish criteria and procedures for grant applications and disbursement by regulation;
(2) Determine how best to allocate Partnership funds;
(3) Set standards and procedures for eligibility, operation, supervision and evaluation;
(4) Advise and assist county youth services commissions in preparation of county plans and grant applications;
(5) Award grants;
(6) Set standards for and determine eligibility for continued Partnership funding;
(7) Collect and provide information about community-based services and sanctions; and
(8) Monitor and evaluate implementation of county plans and the provision of services, sanctions and programs provided pursuant to this act.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:55.
Older versions of 52:17B-179 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: