|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 52, STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
Chapter 17B: Establishment of department; "the department" defined
Section: 52:17B-194.10: Requirements for activation of MVP Emergency Alert.
2. An MVP Emergency Alert authorized under this section may be activated in accordance with the following requirements, which shall be incorporated into the guidelines required by subsection c. of section 1 of P.L.2015, c.184 (C.52:17B-194.9):
a. The law enforcement agency receiving the missing person report shall be the lead law enforcement agency.
b. The Missing Persons and Child Exploitation Unit in the Division of State Police, upon request, shall assist the lead law enforcement agency in the investigation of an MVP Emergency Alert.
c. Each of the following criteria shall be met before an MVP Emergency Alert may be issued:
(1) the person believed to be missing is believed to have a mental, intellectual, or developmental disability or defect, regardless of age;
(2) a missing person report has been submitted to the local law enforcement agency where the person went missing;
(3) the person believed to be missing may be in danger of death or serious bodily injury;
(4) there is sufficient information available to indicate that an MVP Emergency Alert would assist in locating the missing vulnerable person, including but not limited to information indicating that at the time the person went missing the person was the operator of, a passenger in, or otherwise conveyed by a motor vehicle; and
(5) sufficient information is available to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the person, including but not limited to accurate information concerning any motor vehicle the person may have been operating or in which the person may have been a passenger or otherwise conveyed.
L.2015, c.184, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2016-01-20 09:10:39.
Older versions of 52:17B-194.10 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: