|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section: 26:2AA-5: Responsibilities of Department of Health.
5. The Department of Health shall:
a. establish a public education program through the department's website, to promote RSDS education, which will enable individuals to make informed decisions about their health, including, but not limited to the following elements:
(1) the cause and nature of RSDS;
(2) the risk factors that contribute to the manifestation of RSDS;
(3) available treatment options, including risks and benefits of those options;
(4) environmental safety and injury prevention;
(5) rest and use of appropriate body mechanics;
(6) the availability of RSDS diagnostic, treatment, and outreach services in the community; and
(7) any other factors or elements that might mitigate the effects of RSDS;
b. notify local health departments, hospitals, clinics, and other health care providers about the availability of information concerning RSDS on the department's website;
c. within the limits of funds available to the department for this purpose, coordinate, promote, and offer professional education programs, through institutions of higher education, for health care providers and health-related community-based organizations, which may include, but are not limited to the following elements:
(1) research findings;
(2) the cause and nature of RSDS;
(3) the risk factors, including, but not limited to, lifestyle, heredity, and drug interactions;
(4) the diagnostic procedures and appropriate indications for their use;
(5) medical and surgical treatment options, including experimental and established drug therapies and the risks and benefits of each option;
(6) environmental safety and injury prevention; and
(7) the availability of RSDS diagnosis and treatment and support services in the community; and
d. promote research, through both private and public funding sources, to accurately identify, diagnose, and treat RSDS.
L.2007, c.255, s.5; amended 2012, c.17, s.146.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:48.
Older versions of 26:2AA-5 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: