|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-117: Rules, regulations relative to psychiatric facilities operated by the Department of Health.
16. In accordance with the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), the Commissioner of Health, in consultation with the Commissioner of Human Services, shall adopt rules and regulations, with respect to psychiatric facilities licensed by the Department of Health, to:
a. provide for the annual reporting by those psychiatric facilities to the Department of Health, and the gathering of such additional data, as is reasonably necessary to oversee and evaluate the implementation of this act; except that the commissioner shall seek to minimize the burdens of record-keeping imposed by the rules and regulations and ensure the appropriate confidentiality of patient records; and
b. require those psychiatric facilities to adopt policies and practices designed to:
(1) make routine inquiry, at the time of admission and at such other times as are appropriate under the circumstances, concerning the existence and location of an advance directive for mental health care;
(2) provide appropriate informational materials concerning advance directives for mental health care, including information about the registry of advance directives for mental health care established or designated pursuant to section 17 of this act, to all interested patients and their families and mental health care representatives, and to assist patients interested in discussing and executing an advance directive for mental health care, as well as to encourage declarants to periodically review their advance directives for mental health care as needed;
(3) inform mental health care professionals of their rights and responsibilities under this act, to assure that the rights and responsibilities are understood, and to provide a forum for discussion and consultation regarding the requirements of this act; and
(4) otherwise comply with the provisions of this act.
L.2005, c.233, s.16; amended 2012, c.17, s.249.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-117 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: