|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-134: Treatment of patient in accordance with POLST form.
6. a. A health care professional, health care institution, or emergency care provider shall treat a patient who has a completed POLST form in accordance with the information contained therein, except as otherwise provided in this act.
b. A POLST form shall be deemed to be completed, and therefore valid for the purposes of this act if it:
(1) contains information indicating a patient's health care preferences;
(2) has been voluntarily signed by a patient with decision-making capacity, or by the patient's representative in accordance with the patient's known preferences or in the best interests of the patient;
(3) includes the signature of the patient's attending physician or APN and the date of that signature; and
(4) meets any other requirements to be deemed valid for the purposes of this act.
c. A document executed in another state, which meets the requirements of this act for a POLST form, shall be deemed to be completed and valid for the purposes of this act to the same extent as a POLST form completed in this State.
L.2011, c.145, s.6.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-134 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: