|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-5d: Provision of information by home health agency to patient.
1. a. The Commissioner of Health, in consultation with the Director of the Division of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Law and Public Safety, shall require that, no later than the 180th day after the date of enactment of this act, each home health agency licensed pursuant to P.L.1971, c.136 (C.26:2H-1 et seq.) shall provide the following information to each patient receiving home-based services from that agency, or to a person designated by the patient:
(1) the name and certification or licensure title, as applicable, of the homemaker-home health aide or other health care professional whose practice is regulated pursuant to Title 45 of the Revised Statutes, to be displayed on an identification tag as required for homemaker-home health aides by regulation of the New Jersey Board of Nursing, or as otherwise to be prescribed by regulation of the commissioner for other health care professionals, that the homemaker-home health aide or other health care professional shall wear at all times while examining, observing, or caring for the patient; and
(2) a copy of the most current edition of the consumer guide to homemaker-home health aides published by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
b. The consumer guide required pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall be provided:
(1) in advance of the provision of services to the patient, whenever possible; and
(2) otherwise upon the homemaker-home health aide's initial visit to the patient's home.
c. Beginning on the first day of the 13th month after the date of enactment of this act, the identification tag required pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall include a photograph of the homemaker-home health aide or other health care professional.
d. The commissioner, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), shall adopt rules and regulations to effectuate the purposes of this section.
L.2002, c.81, s.1; amended 2012, c.17, s.156.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-5d (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: