|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Chapter 2H: Declaration of public policy
Section: 26:2H-95: "Nursing Home Quality of Care Improvement Fund."
4. The "Nursing Home Quality of Care Improvement Fund" is established as a nonlapsing fund in the Department of the Treasury. The fund shall be administered by the State Treasurer, in consultation with the Commissioner of Human Services or the commissioner's designee, who shall be responsible for the oversight, coordination, and disbursement of fund monies, and shall be credited with monies received pursuant to section 6 of this act, except for those monies which are deposited into the General Fund in accordance with the provisions of that section.
a. The fund shall be comprised of:
(1) revenues from assessments paid by nursing homes pursuant to section 5 of this act;
(2) matching federal funds received pursuant to Title XIX of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. s.1396 et seq.) that result from the expenditure of revenues from assessments collected pursuant to section 5 of this act;
(3) General Fund revenues, as necessary, to allow for the per diem add-on payments pursuant to subsection d. of section 6 of this act until the revenue from the assessment has been collected. Upon collection of the revenue from the assessment, the General Fund shall be repaid within 90 days; and
(4) any interest or other income earned on monies deposited into the fund.
b. Any disbursement of monies from the fund shall be used solely for Medicaid nursing home add-ons as provided for under section 6 of this act, which shall not in any manner render the assessment mechanism set forth in section 5 of this act to be in violation of the hold harmless provisions of 42 C.F.R. s.433.68(f).
c. The State Treasurer shall provide by regulation for such measures as are required to ensure the integrity of the fund.
d. The State Treasurer shall establish separate accounts within the fund as are needed to efficiently manage and disburse fund monies.
e. Monies in the fund shall not be used to supplant appropriations from the General Fund to the department for use in securing matching federal funds not otherwise provided for in this act.
f. The Director of the Division of Taxation shall be responsible for collecting the assessments.
L.2003, c.105, s.4; amended 2012, c.17, s.247.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2H-95 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: