|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 26, HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section: 26:2N-2: Pertussis immunization pamphlet.
2. The commissioner shall prepare and make available to all health care providers in the State and parents and guardians, upon request, a pamphlet which explains the benefits and possible adverse reactions to immunizations for pertussis. This pamphlet may contain any information which the commissioner deems necessary and may be revised by the department whenever new information concerning these immunizations becomes available. The pamphlet shall include the following information:
a. A list of the immunizations required for admission to a public or private school in the State;
b. Specific information regarding the pertussis vaccine which includes:
(1) The circumstances under which pertussis vaccine should not be administered or should be delayed, including the categories of persons who are significantly more vulnerable to major adverse reactions than are members of the general population;
(2) Possible adverse reactions to pertussis vaccine and the early warning signs or symptoms that may be precursors to a major adverse reaction which, upon occurrence, should be brought to the immediate attention of the health care provider who administered the vaccine;
(3) A form that the parent or guardian may use to monitor symptoms of a possible adverse reaction and which includes places where the parent or guardian can record information about the symptoms that will assist the health care provider; and
(4) Measures that a parent or guardian should take to reduce the risk of, or to respond to, a major adverse reaction including identification of who should be notified of the reaction and when the notification should be made.
The commissioner shall prepare the pamphlet in consultation with the Medical Society of New Jersey and shall adopt by regulation the information contained in the pamphlet, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.).
L.1986, c.134, s.2; amended 2012, c.45, s.114.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:49.
Older versions of 26:2N-2 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: