|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 43, PENSIONS AND RETIREMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION
Section: 43:21-45.3: Contract for technical and support services and equipment to adapt and increase functionality of the administrative system.
22. a. Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law to the contrary, a contract for technical and support services and equipment to increase the ability of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development to adapt and increase the functionality and dependability of the administrative system of the State plan for temporary disability and family temporary disability leave, provide accurate and timely reporting, increase customer accessibility, and implement timely payment of temporary disability and family temporary disability benefits in accordance with section 21 of P.L.2019, c.37 (C.43:21-45.2) may be procured in the most expeditious means possible and in the manner provided by this section.
b. The Division of Purchase and Property in the Department of the Treasury may procure, without the need for advertisement in accordance with subsections (b), (c), (d) and (e) of P.L.1954, c.48 (C.52:34-12), but through the solicitation of proposals from at least three vendors, qualified vendors for technical and support services and, to the extent necessary, equipment based upon price and other factors. The Director of the Division of Purchase and Property shall award the contract(s) to the vendor whose proposal is most advantageous to the State, price and other factors considered.
c. Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law to the contrary, for the purpose of expediting the procurements, the following provisions shall apply as modifications to law or regulation that may interfere with the expedited award of contracts for the above services:
(1) the timeframes for challenging the specifications and award shall be modified as determined by the division;
(2) in lieu of advertising in accordance with section 7 of P.L.1954, c.48 (C.52:34-12), the Division of Purchase and Property shall solicit proposals as set forth in paragraph b. above and post the request for proposals for the above services and equipment and any addenda thereto on its website;
(3) the period of time that the State Comptroller has to review the request for proposals for these procurements for compliance with applicable public contracting laws, rules and regulations, pursuant to section 10 of P.L.2007, c.52 (C.52:15C-10), shall be 10 business days or less if practicable, as determined by the State Comptroller;
(4) the timeframes for submission under section 4 of P.L.2012, c.25 (C.52:32-58) and section 1 of P.L.1977, c.33 (C.52:25-24.2) shall be extended to prior to the issuance of a Notice of Intent to Award;
(5) the provisions of section 1 of P.L.2005, c.92 (C.52:34-13.2) shall not apply to technical and support services under this section provided by a vendor using a "24/7 follow-the-sun model," as long as the contractor is able to provide such services in the United States during the business day; and
(6) notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraph (f) of subsection a. of section 7 of P.L.1954, c.48 (C.52:34-12), the Division shall negotiate the final terms and conditions of the contract, including price and may, as part of those negotiations, disclose to any bidder, the prices included in another bidder's proposal.
L.2019, c.37, s.22.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2019-03-13 14:50:55.
Older versions of 43:21-45.3 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: