|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: 43, PENSIONS AND RETIREMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION
Section: 43:21-7.7: Reduced new employer contribution rate
1. a. Notwithstanding any other provisions of the "unemployment compensation law," R.S.43:21-1 et seq., for the payment of contributions, an employer who transfers all or an approved part of its operations from another state to this State may qualify for a reduced new employer contribution rate until the employer establishes eligibility based on benefit experience within the State as provided in subsection (c) of R.S.43:21-7. A reduced new employer contribution rate of not less than 1.0\% of taxable wages as defined in R.S. 43:21-7(b)(3) may be assigned for those operations, or any part thereof, as approved by the department, if the employer:
(1) As of January 31 immediately preceding the fiscal year within which that transfer occurs, has paid wages subject to the Federal Unemployment Tax Act, 26 U.S.C. s.3301 et seq., for not less than 28 consecutive completed calendar quarters;
(2) Has acquired in the other state an employer reserve ratio of not less than 11\% or an equivalent cumulative positive reserve balance experience with unemployment insurance contributions and benefits;
(3) Demonstrates to the satisfaction of the department that the employer reserve ratio acquired in the other state or equivalent cumulative reserve balance experience with unemployment insurance contributions and benefits acquired in the other state may be considered indicative of future employment experience in this State; and
(4) Certifies to the satisfaction of the department that at least 50 full-time jobs will be established at the New Jersey location within 180 days of the transfer of operations.
For the purposes of this subsection, "employer reserve ratio" means total employer contributions minus total benefits charged to the employer's account as a percentage of the employer's average annual payroll as defined in paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of R.S.43:21-19.
b. An employer shall, within 30 days of the transfer of operations to this State, apply to the department in a form and manner prescribed for determination of eligibility for a reduced new employer contribution rate. The department shall review the application and, if the employer qualifies, assign a reduced new employer contribution rate as set forth in the following table:
Fund 10.0\% 7.00\% 4.00\% 2.50\% 0.00\% Less
Reserve and to to to to than
Ratio Over 9.99\% 6.99\% 3.99\% 2.49\% 0.00\%
Rate: 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
For the purposes of this subsection, "fund reserve ratio" means the unemployment trust fund balance as of March 31 as a percentage of the total taxable wages reported as of that date with respect to the prior calendar year. The employer may, within 30 days of receipt of notice of determination of such a rate, withdraw the request.
c. An employer applying for determination of a contribution rate pursuant to this section shall certify to the department that information with respect to wages, contributions and benefits in connection with the transferred operation, and any other information, as the department deems necessary. The employer shall furnish to the department, at those times and in the manner prescribed, that information with respect to those benefits paid after the transfer, and before each succeeding computation date, which were based on wages applicable to the transferred operations and paid in another state.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:53.
Older versions of 43:21-7.7 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: