|PREVIOUS SECTION||Go back to sections||Go back to the chapter||Go back to the N.J. Statutes homepage||NEXT SECTION|
New Jersey Statutes, Title: App.A, EMERGENCY AND TEMPORARY ACTS
Chapter 9: Removal of member of local defense council
Section: App.A:9-43.9: Annual public awareness program.
2. a. The director shall develop and undertake an annual public awareness program to educate the public concerning the State's plan to evacuate New Jersey's coastal areas in a time of emergency. The program may incorporate the use of broadcast media, print media, the Internet, or any other available resources.
b. The program shall inform the public of:
(1) methods by which the State is to notify the public of the initiation of an emergency evacuation of a coastal area;
(2) appropriate evacuation routes;
(3) alternative methods of evacuation, other than that utilizing a personal motor vehicle;
(4) information concerning the preparation and storing of personal evacuation kits;
(5) appropriate supplies of food and potable water that individuals and families should have readily available; and
(6) information relating to the support of, and care for animals, particularly service animals and pets subject to a coastal evacuation; and
(7) any such other matters as the director shall deem appropriate and necessary.
c. In developing this plan, and in making any subsequent revisions, the director shall consult with the Emergency Management Offices of the affected counties and municipalities.
L.2011, c.178, s.2.
This section added to the Rutgers Database: 2012-09-26 13:37:57.
Older versions of app.a:9-43.9 (if available):
Court decisions that cite this statute: